New Windsor State Bank is committed to being an innovative community bank, which values relationships by providing service that exceeds our customer’s expectations – every day!
At NWSB, we are proud of our history that officially began more than 80 years ago, with origins that date back 150 years. The First National Bank of New Windsor was founded in 1864, and was the 5th bank to be chartered in Maryland. Our current building on Main Street was erected in 1914 and operated as the First National Bank of New Windsor until it was purchased in 1932. It then became New Windsor State Bank, and opened to serve the residents of Carroll County on September 3, 1932.
Time passed. Our community grew, and NWSB grew with it. Additional branches opened in 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2015 to better serve Carroll County and the surrounding area. In September of 2003, we established Windsor Investment Services to continue our commitment to provide the very best financial products to our community. With our new division, we can proudly help our customers in all phases of the financial life cycle.
Throughout our history, one thing has remained constant: NWSB’s commitment to our community and our customers.